Wednesday, 23 November 2016
We have added some new storyboard panels and adjusted some other parts of the animatic such as removing zooms, adding more close-ups and changing the timing of some of the clips. There is currently no audio because some sounds need to now be added and moved around.
Tuesday, 22 November 2016
Monday, 21 November 2016
Friday, 18 November 2016
Thursday, 17 November 2016
Sunday, 13 November 2016
Over the weekend good progress was made on the rigging and skinning of "Miki", the front side is mostly complete - just in need of a few final adjustments - and the side profiles are rigged, skinned and awaiting controls being made.
Below is a probationary test of the front "Miki" rig. Adjustments still need to be made to the eyes to achieve greater control over the different expressions "Miki" will need to perform.
Say Hi Miki!
Saturday, 12 November 2016
Friday, 11 November 2016
While these are not completed yet, I can now begin creating the models in Maya. We still need a few more pieces such as side views of the fox sitting and some profile views of the head, but I can at least begin the modelling process for the other pieces.
We are currently in the process of changing parts of our script and changing/adding/removing some storyboard panels but this is the sound for our current animatic. After we make some changes, the sounds can be moved around again to fit the new animatic. We haven't added any music, we are unsure if adding music will make it too much considering parts of the soundscape are already musical but we are planning to experiment with it to see.
Wednesday, 9 November 2016
On reflection of recent feedback of our 'in-progress' animatic, I've updated the script to include those suggestions. In particular, the earlier inclusion of the food pouch in order to address the lack of importance placed upon it, and the addition of a sound segment that hopefully clearly and emphatically signposts that the Young Boy has just suffered the loss of his dog.
Tuesday, 8 November 2016
Even though our animatic and script still require some adjustments, I've decided to begin editing and piece together the sound effects I've been gathering up over the last few weeks. This is only a small portion of our animatic and it sill needs some other details such as the jingle of the dog's name-tag, but I figured I'd post an update on the progress I've made so far. It's taking me a while to sort out some audio for the boy (which is not all featured in this clip, I'm hoping I've made/edited all of the clips that I will need) but I think it's come out alright. We are hoping that the sound will clarify some aspects of the story including explaining the collar belonged to his dog who passed away. I also have begun working on sounds for the fox, which I am hoping will help the audience know that there is a difference between the boy's dead dog and the fox.
Thursday, 3 November 2016
Here is the second version of our animatic. We've fixed the montage sequence and we've also changed some of the zooms into cuts (forgive some of the zoom lines/panels are still in the frames even though it doesn't zoom). We are concerned about the length of the animatic but we were hoping to get some feedback regarding this to see if there are any definite bits that could be changed or removed or if this length is fine. Once this is approved then I will continue to work on some soundscapes and other sounds to put over this animatic.